The Hawai‘i Academy of Recording Arts is seeking individuals who are interested inserving on the Board of Governors. The deadline for nominations for these five board seats is September 30, 2011, and applications must be received by the HARA office (not postmarked) before 4pm that day. Individuals elected will serve a three-year term that ends in Fall 2014. Please note that the HARA Board of Governors is a working board comprised of volunteers – it is not an advisory board and board members are not paid. Selection to the Board of Governors requires your regular attendance at the monthly Board meetings, and board members must be willing to meet the following expectations:
- take a leadership position by serving as chair or co-chair of one (1) or more committees.
- Serve on at least three (3) committees.
- Solicit contributions in fundraising campaigns to support HARA, its programs and activities..
- Participate in formulating long- and short– term objectives and goals.
- Actively participate in the activities of HARA.
- Ensure that all HARA actions, activities,and programs are fair to the members the Board serves, and that no group or individual member is given preference.
If you are interested and are willing toaccept the responsibilities and expectations that go along with a seat on the board, please submit your name and a short bio by calling the office by phone at (808) 593-9424 or by email:email@example.com. If you do nominate someone else for the board HARA will contact them to confirm that they are interested in serving and are willing to meet the expectations of the position.